Sunday, November 29, 2009

Chocolate cheesecake recipe

I am a cheesecake lover and this is my favorite to make and eat, and my family's favorite also.

Ingredients
18 Oreo cookies (i usually use generic) finely crushed, makes about 1-1/2 cups
2 tblsp melted butter or margarine
3 pkgs of cream cheese (8 oz each)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
8 ozs of semi-sweet chocolate (I found the best kind is Baker's chocolate, comes in a package with 8 1-oz squares) melted, slightly cooled
3 eggs

How to make
Heat oven to 325

Press combined crumbs and butter onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. I am working on finding a comparable cake, pie pan.

Beat cream chesse, sugar, and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add chocolate and mix well. Add 1 egg at a time mixing on low speed until just blended. Pour mix over crust

Back 55 min to 1 hour until center is almost set. Run a knife along edge of the pan before removing the rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.

To dress it up a little, I like to add some caramel syrup and maybe some crushed pecans to make it like turtle cheesecake. Enjoy, try not to eat it all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment